BADR Energy Team, which includes world leaders in their core areas of expertise, focuses not just on the engineering challenges of energy exploration and distribution but on the creation of downstream economic impact through energy trading, the creation of industrial clusters based on previously unavailable energy and the economic stimulus of existing industry and export opportunities.
Leading energy exploration and extraction to create economic growth, BADR Energy Team has led energy projects spanning the ‘energy value chain’. The Team has undertaken projects across all aspects of energy chain development, including:
- Development and exploration
- Financial viability assessment
- Technical feasibility
- Construction of gas and liquids processing facilities on and offshore
- Securing and developing strategic partnerships
- Government and stakeholder relations to secure governmental and regulatory approval
- Feasibility studies
- Gas pipeline technology and construction
- Creation and development of transmission, distribution and storage
- Construction and expansion of oil and gas grids
- Economic impact studies and feasibility
- The development of new and existing industrial clusters
- Investment in energy-intensive industries such as petrochemicals
- Investment in gas-fed power generation projects and conversion programs
Dr Amin Badr-El-Din led a team of investors that included government subsidiaries to buy all of Enron’s international assets. This was a piece to the puzzle of a global oil and gas strategy and a key piece for a gas hub in the Americas. A deal that was valued at around 7 billion US$ the acquisition of the assets would have provided a route to market for some of Enron’s stranded assets around the world. The deal never materialized due to Dr Amin’s ethical principals upon the discovery of the first off balance sheet transaction.
During his tenure as Chairman and CEO of the UAE Offsets Group (UOG), Dr Amin Badr-El-Din conceived and launched the Dolphin Program, which is a major strategic program designed to stimulate industrial and business investment in the UAE and beyond through the development of an extensive gas supply and infrastructure system in the Gulf region and Indian sub-continent.
The Dolphin Program was the largest program of its kind ever undertaken anywhere in the GCC and MENA region, requiring an investment estimated at US$ 8-10 billion. Based in Abu Dhabi and linking Qatar, Abu Dhabi and the Indian sub-continent, the program now renamed ‘Dolphin Energy’ was the brainchild of Dr Badr-El-Din.